I think it's worse to have combined characters, like #@ or ^& than it is to have same character repeated... ^^ looks nice to me (also points up, which may create a little analogy to the UML generalization), but ok. Two same characters are more easily spotted, imho, and they are more easily typed.

These may also be the options:

   let obj = proto ** {
     prop: "test",
     foo: 10