Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
For array patterns we would need to allow property assignments in array
literals:
> > let [b, 0:{x,y}] = ...; > > This was proposed at one point, IIRC, but a while ago.

Of course, one could destructure like so:

  let {0: b, 0: {x, y}} = ...;

It was also suggested that we allow iterators/generators to supply the
initialization values to array destructurings.  This currently isn't in the
draft spec. and I think it would introduce some fairly significant
specification and practical complications (eg, rest bindings and open-ended
generators).

Destructuring patterns should be static. I don't see a conflict if we stick to this rule, but given the ability to use an object pattern, I don't see a need for the array literal element label syntax either.