as Ralph said -- or, since I remember you having several HDs, could use
swapoff /dev/hdx*       and    swapon /dev/hdy*
selectively by looking at 'cat /proc/swaps' or 'swapon -s'.
Look at mkswap to create a swap partion or file on another drive.

Q to all: is the old vs. new swap style issue still relevant these days
(old style being limited to 128MB usable space) -- I made a 500 MB swap
partition for my 265MB RAM, and top shows it all as avail. -so I'm
assuming I config'ed and use the new style ?
cat /proc/cpuinfo didn't tell me any more either ............. Horst