The only partition that I can even fsck is /boot.  All the others give
me the same error.  I'm only really concerned with getting data off of
/home -- the personal stuff.  I can re-install debian and get set up
pretty quickly otherwise.

So, I'll probably order a new drive and see about sending the
'deathstar' off to get replaced.  Maybe the new replacement will become
my mp3 server.  :)

I'm not exactly looking forward to the extraction process, but I'm going
to try to load up on knowledge before hand and see what I can salvage
(if anything).

Thanks for all the help,
Rob