On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 10:54 PM, Ben Barrett wrote:
But most folks want the *fix*, in the
sense of making it work, whereas the user group's, uh, other members,
truly get their fix from the futzing. I have to take this moment to
say, I'm so proud to be part of this group, fiesty and out-of-hand as we
are, it rocks. Hopefully I can continue to refine my own offerings = )

woo-hoo!

So, we have 2 RedHat'ers on the list? (hehe, how many red-haters?)

I have to tend to a couple of RedHat boxes for work purposes, and I've found them acceptable
(any harsh feelings have more to do with the obscurantist impulses of the software vendor who refuses to support anything but RH 7.2)

The one thing that I don't like about Red Hat is that I have to spend too much time dealing with it's idea of a filesystem. (micro-rant: /sbin /usr/sbin dotfiles)

for doing serious work though I really do prefer FreeBSD

On the menu for tonight's clinic:
Quantian -- knoppix based CD o' math software
Gentoo LivePPC -- yeah, yeah, I know, think of me as a fairly feral and dangerous cow

and on the futzing front... more fun with jabber, apache and properly bofh'ing ftp servers.