Free Software is an educational conspiracy to teach us all about
these computer thingies we're all forced to use, as opposed to the
proprietary notion of knowledge as intellectual property. That's what
Stallman and the Berkely Regents intended, after all, not a business
model.

        It turns out that you can build a business on Free Software.

        RedHat succeeded where, for instance, Caldera failed, by making it
easier for its users, even business users, to play with, rather than
billing itself as "Linux for Business!".

        Even if it's a local phenomenon, it worries me that nobody's just
futzing around successfully with RedHat. I'm not sure it's a good thing
for RedHat's development if it's lost hobbyists' attention.

        Not something I'm worried about. I've never installed RedHat.

--
Ed Craig                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Taxi (I need an income)                 GNU/Linux (I can afford a Free OS)