Thanks, Garl!  I wrote that b/c I've been gainfully employed as a redhat
sysadmin for almost three years, and just got laid off  = /
I for one appreciate your viewpoint; I find it often-missing from the
user group's members (those who are purely hobbyists, esp.) and have
been trying to define the exact separation you suggest, between the
"avid" user who like to get under the hood, and the "average" user who
wants to get something done (without mucking with it).  Personally, I
also appreciate being able to adjust mouse sensitivity, for instance,
within a gui, but still do many things on the command line.  RedHat is
certainly investing in, to make more money from, the corporate sector.
We as a club have a number of large multinational corporations to thank
for the many items of "shwag" which we have been gifted, to help promote
linux and other free software.  Stuffed toys, t-shirts, bumper stickers,
not to mention the many free cd'sheck I even got free beer along with a
toy penguin at a free SGI linux conference held in Portland a couple
years back!  And again, if anyone knows of any work, work
announcements, potential work, or even some free consulting which would
hopefully lead to work... let me know ([EMAIL PROTECTED], or the address
I sent this from, either should work).  Thanks for your time!!

ciao,

   Ben Barrett