baggab wrote:

> I was interested in what you said about Canon.  PDAs, like Zaurus, are cool
> but I have given up on this category.  I am still working with Winbloze and
> Outlook mainly because I have a $500 PDA that I refuse to turn into a
> doorstop.

If it's a PalmOS PDA it should work fine with Linux.  My Handspring
Visor and Anne's Sony Clie' (not sure which model) both work fine
through the USB port under Linux.

If it's a Windows CE PDA, well, we offer sympathy and we offer
alternatives, but we don't offer miracles. (-:

> It might be cool to have a short list of things that work and
> things that don't under Linux.

That would imply that everything would fit in two short lists.
But there are too many things in the world. (-:

Googling for "linux thingname" is still a good place to start.  The
information found is useful, but the dates on the information are more
useful.  If all the mail complaining "I can't get my thingname to
work" are dated from 2001, that means Linux and thingname started
talking to each other a couple of years ago.  If they're dated June,
2003, then it's a lot less likely.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]