http://3ware.com/products/parallel_ata.asp

I don't know what they cost off-hand, but the upper end of this product
line looks nice, up to 12 drives on one 64-bit controller.  They also
make a newer serial ATA RAID controller, but those drive are more
expensive although I wonder where they fit on the price/performance
curve...?

Hum, darn - no hot-swapping on these.  Anyone else got some better
hardware links?

g'nitey

    Ben