On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:24:00 -0700
Ben Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://3ware.com/products/parallel_ata.asp
>
> I don't know what they cost off-hand, but the upper end of this
> product line looks nice, up to 12 drives on one 64-bit controller.
> They also make a newer serial ATA RAID controller, but those drive are
> more expensive although I wonder where they fit on the
> price/performance curve...?
>
> Hum, darn - no hot-swapping on these.  Anyone else got some better
> hardware links?

        We originally tried a promise ATA raid controller that support hot
swap, but the card was so problematic we took it back and got an
adaptec.  No problems since.  Some of these ATA raid manufacturers are
new to these cards, keep your sales slip and test what you get for a few
days before putting it into production.

TImH