Cory Petkovsek wrote:

> Thanks, I'll check it out.  My problem with gentoo is the compiling.  A
> binary gentoo distribution would be great!  I'm fine compiling the
> kernel, or the occasional package, but don't want to compile all
> installed or updated packages.

Check out 1.4 Final.  It has binaries of all the most common packges
(including the big ones -- KDE, Gnome, Mozilla, OO.o...)  I started
installing it Sunday.

It's available optimized for many processor types -- i486, i586, i686,
athlon, athlonxp, pentium3, and pentium4, I think.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]