On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 11:15:33PM -0700, Mr O wrote:
> DOCSIS compliant. That's all you need worry about. You do NOT
> need a Windows box to set up. The right tech will know to log
> onto the secure server to register the modem.
> https://sas.r1.attbi.com
I'm on my second cable modem.  Because it was provided by comcast they
got me a new one, although the process wasn't worth my time.  The above
link didn't work for me on a linux system.  It did a few years ago when
I got hooked up, but the most recent time, in march, it did not.  I had
windows on a laptop on which I registered the mac address of the modem
with at&t.

>    Outages are more frequent on Comcast. I find myself rebooting
> my router to restore my connection almost weekly. Sometimes
> twice a week. Then again, it may just be my router.
I've been up on cal young road for months.  The only time I was down was
because of a billing issue and they cut me off, even though I paid on
their website (comcast).  That's a warning, don't pay there!  I too have
had the same IP for a long time.  Works fine with linux and freebsd as a
dhcp router.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your