On Wednesday 12 November 2003 03:53 am, Patrick R. Wade wrote:
: So; due to a combination of frustration with a slow release cycle
: and curiosity, i replaced my Debian install on my laptop with Gentoo.
: It's been an interesting experience so far; it has by far the most
: primitive installer i've seen in a long time.  My memory of the
: vintage 1996 Slackware installer is that it was more sophisticated.

heh.. its no more sophisticated now either!

:
: One question i've not found the answer to yet, and would appreciate
: if anyone else knows; is there something i can do with emerge or a
: related application to list the full set of installed packages,
: equivalent to Debian's
: # dpkg -l '*' | grep "^ii"
:
:
: It looks to me like it's all there in /var/log/emerge.log, but
: i'd prefer something zippier than grep, if it's already been done :-)

--
Never make any mistaeks.
        -- Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report