Hal,
        If the spam you received had gone through the list, we all would have gotten
it. I dont think that Ive seen that specific one, so I cant even say its
anyway associated with the list.
        Ironicly, the email address I usually use on this list gets less spam than
any other email address I use! I dont really see the list, or its archives as
beeing an issue for spam.
        My EFN account gets a ton of spam however. Ive had that account since 1995,
and the rocksolidnetworks address since 1999, so it just may be a matter of
one address being used more than the other, and around for a longer period of
time. I also only use the linux email address for mailing lists (both here in
the DC area, and back home in eugene. The linux address is also not included
in mailto: links on my webpage, but other address's that do get a lot of spam
are..
        At anyrate, your always welcome to express concerns... sorry we couldnt nail
the source of your spam, but I havnt seen any effective way to do anything
about it... filtering is about your only option.

Jamie