because it can be overwhelmed, if all three spamassassin boxes are chugging away
and aren't returning an answer within 10sec procmail will just assume spamd is unavailable and default to delivering the mail.

I'd like to try something like SPF
http://spf.pobox.com

because SA, while surprisingly good for an expert system, is not a complete solution
to the problem of spam.

For a solution to work, it needs to be

1. standards based
2. unilaterally implementable (i can implement it and get some benefit, you don't get the benefit but aren't actively harmed by it if you choose not to implement)
3. not centralised (if I have to pay USD 300 per year to verisign just to send email, I will share my pain )