> On Jun 26, 2014, at 4:04 PM, "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net> wrote:
>
>> On 26 Jun 2014 at 13:00, Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:
>>
>> Your premise is wrong. The big energy companies do *not* like FCVs.
>
> I suspect that they'd much prefer them to BEVs.
>
>>> Remember, hydrogen is not really a fuel. You can't pump it out of the
>>> ground.  You have to make it from some other fuel.
>>
>> Not necessarily, unless you wish to call water a fuel.
>
> Now cut that out.  You know fulll well that water is not a fuel any more
> than hydrogen is.

Right. You said that you have to make Hydrogen out of a fuel.

> The fuel is the energy input to the electrolysis, or the
> natural gas input to the steam reforming.
>
> The hydrogen is just an energy carrier, and not a very efficient one at
> that.

Yes, an energy carrier. I won't argue efficiency with you.

> Dream on.  I don't know why you're so keen on hydrogen (maybe you'd like to
> tell us about your involvement with it?), but it's a loser.

I've always been keen on electric drive vehicles. Whether you're talking BEVs
or FCEVs, I don't care. My first involvement (and the first ZEV mandate work)
came before H2 was even discussed, so it was all BEVs. H2 came later.  They
both have pros and cons. Personally, my view is that hybridization of the two
will likely be where we end up, with the dominant element changing with
technology.

My first involvement?

Probably just prior to that private citizen lawsuit I mentioned in an earlier
post, responding to "can't, can't, can't" .  I was that private person, who
also happened to be air quality director for an environmental group.

And in still do this for a living, supporting ZEVs of all types as a
consultant, as part of a trade association, on boards, etc. all towards
cleaning the air. I've been doing this in one form or another for over 30 years.

Better hope that H2 is not a loser, because then we are all losers.