Paul,

They are about the only game in town.  I have looked briefly at their web
stuff and I think they know what they are doing.  They seem to build and/or
sell some test equipment - implying some expertise.

Tomorrow I am visiting a community college (Blue Ridge in Flat Rock NC)
that has a pretty extensive training program for working on Prius.   They
also work on the battery packs. If he is near there he might get a good
deal from BRCC, or lean about trained mechanics.

I will ask the people at BRCC what they know about The Hybrid Shop.
However, I will be out of cell and internet range until next Monday.

You could ask THS what they do for $1500, and see if it makes sense.  I
believe the check the pack pretty thoroughly, and replace any bad cells -
what the means regarding NiMH  I do not know.  Presumably they would have
to balance the pack within some range, reject cells that degrade overall
pack function and cycle life, etc.  If they are comparing the servicing of
the pack to new ones they must be pretty good when it is all done.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Paul Dove via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_restore_nickel_based_batteries
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Nov 17, 2014, at 5:57 AM, Pestka, Dennis J via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone heard of this company, or have any experience with them.
> >

> http://www.thehybridshop.com/battery-conditioning/how-hybrid-battery-conditioning-works-science/
> >
> > A friend has a 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid, and his batteries are starting
> to show signs of old age.
> >
> > To replace the pack at the dealer is $5000 vs. $1000 - $1500 to
> recondition them.
> >
> > Sounds like voodoo to me, but I have no experience with nickel metal
> hybrid batteries.
> >
> > Need to know if this is really a viable alternative.
> >
> > Thanks;
> > Dennis
> > Elsberry, MO
> > http://www.evalbum.com/1366