On Nov 17, 2014, at 1:28 PM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Or, you can build my Battery Balancer (or something like it -- the plans are
> open source and on the web). It does what any battery tester has to do:
> Select a battery or module, charge it under known conditions, discharge it
> under known conditions, compare and record the results. I've been building
> and refining it for over 15 years! It's at
> http://www.sunrise-ev.com/balancer.htm

I might be a bit confused by the terminology you're using. Is that not a "BMS,"
a Battery Management System?

Seems to me like it might be rather more sophisticated than many of the ones
I've looked at, but it looks like they're both doing the same thing.

...and, if so, yours is definitely on the short list for consideration when I
get to that stage of the project....

b&