On Nov 18, 2014, at 11:24 PM, Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> If his colleague would either have asked anyone at that 1-day seminar to
> borrow the car for a few hours or he would have called a cab, he would
> have been with his wife as quickly as when his EV would have been fully
> charged or if he had taken a gasser for the day.

Surprised nobody else has brought it up...but, if your boss requires you to
have certain equipment to do a job, either the boss supplies the equipment or
stipulates it as part of the terms of employment and compensates you
accordingly. If the job requires a different vehicle from the one you own, or
if, for whatever reason, you don't want to use that vehicle in the service of
the job, it's up to the boss to supply you with proper equipment.

I realize that, here in America, we're "free" to generously support our bosses
and their financial interests from our own personal resources, and our bosses,
in turn, are free to terminate the employment of those who don't properly pony
up these types of bribes on demand, but that should be a different conversation.

Either the company can afford to supply whatever vehicles are necessary to
support this seminar, or their finances are so dire and / or mismanaged that
they're not even going to be able to make payroll soon.

Whether those vehicles are electric or gas-powered or what-not is the company's
problem, though I'm sure we could help them figure out which electric vehicles
should be on the short list for consideration.

Cheers,

b&