Willie,

To try and interpret your answer on David's question:
It looks like you are not running your golf carts with golf cart batteries
(flooded lead acid) which would give you what you are asking for:
occasional charging and easily a year (when used little) between watering.
This is also likely the lowest cost and lowest complexity (no BMS, no
sophisticated charger).
I find that my daily driver EV (1989 Ford Ranger conversion with 20 GC
batteries as pack)
needs to be watered every half year with sparingly charging (about once a week
I will
charge them fully, meaning that they will be kept near 2.5V per cell for 2-3
hours at
the end of the charge cycle, for the rest I typically charge to between 70-90%
depending
on how far I need to go next.
I might be able to stretch watering periods to a year without exposing plates,
but I rather
be on the safe side and water every half year give or take a couple months.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.