On 06/17/2015 04:08 PM, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
Willie,

To try and interpret your answer on David's question:
It looks like you are not running your golf carts with golf cart batteries
(flooded lead acid) which would give you what you are asking for:
occasional charging and easily a year (when used little) between watering.
This is also likely the lowest cost and lowest complexity (no BMS, no
sophisticated charger).
Thanks, but I refer you to my previously stated view of lead. I have three golf carts each with 12 100ah LFP and miniBMS modules. The Zap has 25 100ah LFP and the Ranger 40 (or is it 39?) 160-180ah LFP.
Golf cars are pretty economical and reliable with lead golf car batteries.
I can not agree.  In my experience, lead in golf carts is FAR more demanding in
terms of maintenance.  Monthly watering, bad battery connections, corrosion,
rusted out battery boxes, general nastiness, ever declining capacity.