There are two Chademo Charging stations near my home (plus one level 2)
and recently I saw both a Leaf and an i3 pull into the parking slots and
plug in, so I sauntered over and chatted with one of the owners.
Both vehicles were charging away at close to 400V and 100Amp each, the
guy was amazed that his vehicle was gobbling up as much power as his
entire home connection would allow (typical 240V 200A).
I still do not understand why AAA chose the DynaGen Chademo chargers for
the tow trucks with EV recharge capability that can only deliver 30A
Even though this is double what an L2 can typically supply (400V 30A is
max 12kW) this is still a far cry from fast charging. Anyway, not my
decision.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.