Hi Jay,
It has been over 2 years since a typical SF girl came to the EV Rally at
DeAnza and since she did not want to have the hassle to plug in when she
arrived and did not want to wait an hour to pick up enough charge at the
available L2 chargers, she called AAA to have the tow truck come to give
her a charge in half an hour, since it charges at double the rate of L2.
I forgot to ask how the charger generates its power, whether it has its
own engine like a fancy backup generator, or that it has a PTO from the
truck engine. There is no truck with less than 100kW engine power, so if
it would be PTO then there is not a limit on the engine side, but maybe
on the generator head and electronics. I presume however that they took
a standard 12kW genny and added the electronics and cord to turn it into
a Chademo station. Then it would be more of an issue with the size of
the genny.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.