Just as a side here (because it’s what I have) the Versicharge from Siemens
comes with a four-way switch inside that you can set for maximum current.
This means (if like me) you’re renting a house with a 30A circuit free it’s
possible to turn down the max current to ensure you don’t heat any cables
up ;)

I think we set ours to 24 amps if I remember correctly. In practice, it
still happily charges our 2013 LEAF in a sensible amount of time.

As for plugs? The outlet in our garage provided by our town house is a
6r-30. I wanted 6-50, but they said there wasn’t the capacity for it (which
is why I went for the siemens as it comes with a 6-50 but you can easily
replace the cord with a different one…)

Just my twopennoth,

Nikki.

P.S. Just got a 2002 RAV4 EV as a ‘staff car’ at Transport Evolved. Trying
to figure out how best to charge that!

[image: --]

Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield
[image: https://]about.me/aminorjourney