      From: paul dove <dov...@bellsouth.net>
 To: Lawrence Rhodes <primobass...@sbcglobal.net>; Electric Vehicle Discussion
List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:50 AM
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Na Researchers reveal 650mi on single-charge Tesla
'superbatteries'

Hey Lawrence,

Yeah I don't believe that is true. Their may be some game by reducing weight I
don't think aerodynamics is going to play into it unless it's a sports car.
Most people purchase a car
For other reasons then economy. Comfort, utility, whatever fits their
lifestyle. Weight is the greatest factor in the range of your vehicle. I have
two electric vehicles and they both follow the rule of thumb weight/10 = watts
per mile. This changes based on how you drive but that's the average again. I
believe battery technology will continue to improve for another 10 years. I
think the bigger problem is the charging infrastructure. The cars are good
enough now and the batteries are good enough now there's just a shortage of
places to charge. They shouldn't start charging stations at every gas station
preferably fast chargers.they need to quit giving away free energy and start
charging for the electricity so that the stations are reliable and maintained
by someone making a profit. Then there would be no obstacle as to where you
could drive your car and that's coming I'm sure of that.
Sent from my iPhone