      From: paul dove <dov...@bellsouth.net>
 To: Lawrence Rhodes <primobass...@sbcglobal.net>; Electric Vehicle Discussion
List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:46 PM
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Na Researchers reveal 650mi on single-charge Tesla
'superbatteries'

Yeah, I think your mixing the two up by lumping them together as more
efficient. Aerodynamics buys you very little gain especially below 50 mph.
Weight is directly related to energy consumption by the formula I gave. I did a
spread sheet and graph on my car and weight dominated till you got over 50 to
60 mph. The problem with reducing weight in a commercial vehicle is that
something else has to give. Safety features, comfort and amenities, such as air
and heat or seats, sound blocking etc. vey small market if any for those cars
especially since it's still going to cost as much as a midsize sedan. No, I
still believe the gains will be seen in battery advancement.

Sent from my iPhone