I second Ed's suggestion.
Is it telling that I had a bunch of guys in my car as passenger
and while I was driving, my cellphone rang in my pocket.
One of them told me that my phone was ringing, expecting me to answer it
even though we were driving at high speed and I was concentrating on
traffic, so I explained: I have voicemail, exactly for this purpose that
when I can't take a call, they can leave a message and I can check later
after I finished driving, who called and what they called me for.
All started laughing nervously, as if this was a new concept, but one
piped up to express that he agreed that this was the best solution in
this case.

Uh, is this not normal and do I need to be an exceptional example to not
answer my phone while driving? It blew my mind and reminded me *why* we
see an increase in traffic related deaths since 2010.
The town I live in even received a grant for its Public Safety
organisation to help counter this negative trend and give more focus on
traffic safety.
Car makers would do well to pay attention to avoiding technology
distraction inside cars. I know that the Leaf does not allow to operate
its menu as long as it is driving. I know because I was in (long) line
for a traffic signal and browsed through the menu to set the time on the
dash when cars in front of me started rolling so I followed and the menu
changed from the time adjustment to a warning that menu operations are
blocked while moving. This warning stayed as long as the car was
rolling.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.