Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
I stand by my numbers when corrected to a house that leaves most of their
lights on all evening and assuming averqaeg 75 Watt incandescent bulbs
originally..

The average house with compulsive behaviors who turn off every unused
light will be 10% of this as Matt noted...  But he equally exaggerated
errors.

Indeed, we all have this problem of over-generalization. We unconsiously apply our own special-case personal situation and knowledge as if it applies to everyone. When we say "everybody knows...", we really mean those in our own circle of friends and family. I catch myself doing it all the time!

"EVs can't work because there is no EV charging infrastructure".

"What do you mean? There are AC outlets in every parking lot here in Minnesota!"

Most arguments are really just blind men with different views of the same "elephant". :-)

--
Problems that go away by themselves will be back with friends.