I made an adapter to use J1772 level 2 when I had an older conversion car. The
charger used an input of 120v. I found that most ‘commercial’ locations have
220 volts at the plug, so I had to get a transformer that would put out 120v
when supplied with 220v.

When plugged in to the rare Level 2 charging station with 240v (such as at a
house) the transformer output would be about 160v, much higher than the charger
could use.

   I say this because if your charger expects 240v, and it is
transformer-based, you may not be getting full charging voltage from the
typical Level2 charging station.

If it is OK with a wider range of voltage -around- 240v, than an adapter will
probably work out.

Tom Keenan