>> Anybody have experience with this or any other J1772 adapter?

Like several of the other respondents, I built my own after the local utility put in two 30 ampere EVSE pedestals at the front of their office in town.

The components to signal the EVSE to begin charging aren't at all expensive, one resistor, and one diode. The expensive part was the J1772 connector of the input end of the adapter ($69 on fleabay). The whole thing is contained in a weatherproof cast aluminum junction box, and connects via a short pigtail to the twist lock that engages the AC input to my car.

Of course, the PFC20 charger will take any voltage you throw at it, AC or DC, so the only thing to keep in mind is how many amps to set the charge rate at. Our utility's pedestals are fully capable of supporting the 20 amps the charger can pull. Elsewhere, I'd have to be careful that no one wasted their money installing a 16 amp EVSE.

The customer service representatives at the front counter are always disappointed if I come in to pay my bill and I'm not driving the EV.