A simple autotransformer can convert 240V single phase into split phase.
Technically the transformer only has to be rated for the maximum difference in
power between the two legs, however even 5kVA autotransformers are relatively
cheap and only weigh about 30 pounds.
Note: an autotransformer can also convert 120V single phase to 240v split phase.

Most off-grip inverters that produce split phase power employ an
autotransformer either built in or as an external accessory.