That's pretty impressive, about 3% loss at 100k miles. I wonder if the new Teslas are about the same.
Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Willie via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Willie" <wmckem...@gmail.com>
Sent: 27-Mar-21 3:10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Tesla-Y constant humming when parked in garage, wasting kwh

On 3/25/21 8:37 AM, Jay Summet via EV wrote:

On 3/25/21 8:16 AM, Willie via EV wrote:
  Your car has a battery that may last 200k miles. Compare that to a Leaf with
battery life as low as 20k miles.

You are comparing maximum possible life to minimum possible life. Doesn't seem
very fair to the Leaf.

My Leaf has 6 years and 50k miles on it with 80% of the new range/capacity
remaining.

Here is a battery report on a 2014 S with near 200k miles:

---
My original 100% range was 265, presently it is 238 which equals a 10% loss.
My life time avg Wh/mi is 318.  The follow are the stats since 2015 when I
started tracking this.

Aug 2015 - 32,016 miles - 262 100% - 1.1% loss - 329 Wh/mi
Aug 2016 - 50,089 - 259 - 2.3% - 326
Aug 2017 - 87,951 - 258 - 2.6% - 325
Aug 2018 - 120,723 - 256 - 3.3% - 322
Aug 2019 - 162,327 - 251 - 5.6% - 320
Aug 2020 - 180,383 - 243 - 8.3% - 319
Mar 2021 - 187,928 - 238 - 10.1% - 318

To put that 10% loss in perspective, that equates to a loss of 2.3 mpg in an
avg ICE car.  Speaking of gas, thus far, even after factoring in my charging
cost at home, I have saved $20,515 in gas.  Having free supercharging of course
helps......
----

My 2013 S now has 142k miles and has about the same range, maybe a little less.
 With a 200+ mile battery, 10-20% loss is not very significant.

So, 200k miles is NOT "maximum possible life".  Likely, far less.

These are near 10 year old batteries.  Of course, we believe the current
batteries have been improved and will last longer.