On 27 Mar 2021 at 17:10, Willie via EV wrote:

> thus far, even after factoring in my charging cost at home, I have
> saved $20,515 in gas.  Having free supercharging of course helps.

An impressive amount, but I don't think that your supercharging is really
free.  As I understand it, you effectively paid for it in the original price
of the car.  It's similar to the way that today's "connected cars" have the
cost of their always-on cellular connections bundled into the cars' purchase
prices.

To determine how much you've really avoided spending on gasoline, you'd have
to know what portion of the car's original price bought your Supercharging
access.

Is there any way to determine that?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     How easy it is to make people believe a lie,
     and [how] hard it is to undo that work again!

                                     -- Mark Twain