You are definitely in great shape for at-home charging. Hopefully that is
usually sufficient for you.

On the hydrogen side, the $16.50 price was correct in 2019. The price is NOT
subsidized by California. With the newer stations and greater competition they
are starting to come down and will come down. But the consumer doesn’t pay
that, with one exception. They pay nothing for three years. The OEMs pick that
up, and offer even more perks to the “pioneers” (things like free car rentals).
Most lease, but if you bought, like I did for my first one, it becomes
expensive after three years.

The cost of stations *is* subsidized by California (as is EVSE), but the
stations are not costing $2 million. I think the earlier ones did, but costs
are coming down. My guess is the last group of funded stations were $1.25M per
station with four times the fueling bays, and 5-10 times the fuel capacity of
the previous ones. That’s an educated guess, but the recent numbers are out
there.

The amount of subsidy, in %, has also dropped significantly. I think it’s only
40%, but don’t trust my memory.

Your use of cost of electricity per station (which seems *very* cheap) isn’t
the right number to use, as most hydrogen is not produced at the station. If
you are assuming the electricity rates that you may know at charging stations
(a guess on my part), I think that would be wrong anyway, because I think that
EVSE get special rates that electrolyzers don’t get.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone