So, I've never driven a tesla, or any car with some level of self driving. What I'm wondering is, if you keep your hands on the wheel and an eye on the road, are you driving or is FSD driving ? Alternatively, if you lapse your attention, even with hands on the wheel, and FSD makes a mistake, will you have time to regain control ?

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mark Hanson via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "CHRISTINE HANSON" <cyber...@verizon.net>
Cc: "Mark Hanson" <markehans...@gmail.com>; "Electric List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 09-Apr-24 04:40:32
Subject: [EVDL] Tesla settles with family

Thanks Christine
I had two friends that crashed their Tesla 3s while using Auto Pilot or self
driving on curvy roads that dropped out (one into a tree and the other into a
building.)  Luckily they survived but since the one computer dropped out, there
was no accident recording.  You can’t have self driving unless there’s at least
3 computers voting (incase one gets a glitch and drops out like the Space
Shuttle did) as noted before on the EVDL .  Tesla tries to blame these
accidents on the user since the computer stopped recording.  I only use mine on
straight highways to take the fatigue out of long trips.  It’s nice for that ,
but I turn it off when there’s curves or construction.
Best regards Mark
Sent from my iPhone