Hi folks
When reading the 2020 NEC for a master electrician exam, I noticed 210.8(B)
says that 50A and below must now have a GFCI breaker at the panel that Tesla
etc says will cause nuisance trips (see article). 625.54 in the EV section
further states “All receptacles for EV charging shall have GFCI protection.
The article states that hardwired EVSE gets around this requirement since the
GFCI is contained but I don’t see that in the code book.  Anyway I have not
installed GFCI protection on EVSE circuits and don’t know of electricians here
that have since it causes nuisance trips.  The code looks like using a 60A
breaker is a loophole to get around this requirement as the Tesla EVSE
installation manual recommends (and the fact that Teslas can draw up to 48A
instead if the typical 30A others use).
Say does anyone know why there’s a 12” cord limit on portable EVSE?  That seems
silly unless they’re afraid it might lay on the floor in a water puddle.
Best regards Mark
https://www.seahurst.com/nema-14-50/

Sent from my iPhone
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/