On 12 Apr 2024 at 13:35, Mark Hanson via EV wrote:

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed..

Thanks Phil etc

Sometimes the code doesn't explain why there's certain rules that appear
arbitrary (like the 12" cord rule).  The larger units are limited to 6'.

Presumably the GFCI trip current (inside a EVSE) is higher (not sure how
much) than the 6ma (if using a GFCI panel breaker).  A large chassis like a
car and with an internal switching supply-charger has EMI X (line to line)
and Y caps (line to ground for common mode RF) that will most likely leak
close to 6ma.  Luckily inspector 13 (here) hasn't enforced the panel GFCI
breaker requirement (since 2020) on 14/50s used for EV charging.

Best regards Mark

PS from the moderator - please try to send plain text, folks.  Thanks.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     The phrase "May you live in interesting times" is the lowest in
     a trilogy of Chinese curses that continues "May you come to the
     attention of those in authority," and finishes with "May the
     gods give you everything you ask for."  I have no idea about
     its authenticity.

                                        -- Terry Pratchett

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/