On 7/8/2011 11:35 PM, Rex Allen wrote:
In other words:  What do we make of the fact that these predictions were
>  successful (or not)?  What does this mean with respect to our beliefs about
>  what kinds of things exist?
>
>  The things we take to exist are the elements of our successful models.
"We" who?  Not me.

Really? Do you not have a model of your home and don't you take the contents of that home as things that exist? Do you not suppose the beer in your refrigerator exists - even when the door is closed? If not you must have trouble getting through the day.

Brent

Argumentum ad populum?

Rex