On 7/9/2011 12:00 AM, Rex Allen wrote:
On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 2:47 AM, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 7/8/2011 11:35 PM, Rex Allen wrote:
In other words:  What do we make of the fact that these predictions were
  successful (or not)?  What does this mean with respect to our beliefs
about
  what kinds of things exist?

  The things we take to exist are the elements of our successful models.
"We" who?  Not me.

Really?  Do you not have a model of your home and don't you take the
contents of that home as things that exist?  Do you not suppose the beer in
your refrigerator exists - even when the door is closed?  If not you must
have trouble getting through the day.
Tu quoque fallacy.  Sad.

A confusing response from someone who claimed "Not me." Are you claiming you don't do it, or that the fact that you do it too is not a valid argument?