On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM, benjayk <benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> > But with comp, you are using "1+1=2", and much more, to tackle the
> > subjective truth of a universal number thinking about "1+1=2". So, if
> > you reject arithmetical truth, comp makes no much sense.
> I didn't write I reject arithmetical truth. I reject arithmetical realism;
> don't think arithmetical truth exists seperately from its observer. 1+1=2
> is
> still true, just not independently of us. The reason is that 1+1=2 makes
> sense because it is true, and truth is fundamentally linked to a subject
> that intuits what truth is.
> This doesn't mean that 1+1=2 is true for me and not true for somebody else,
> but that is necessarily true because I (=consciousness, not ego)
> necessarily
> am.
> My hypothesis is that truth is equal to awareness / consciousness / "I
> am-ness" and all kind of expressions of truth are just... well, expressions
> of the truth and not independent of it. 1+1=2 is an expression of 1+1 being
> itself as 2.
> This hypothesis makes everything mysterious, but this may just be as it is.
> The truth is necessarily mysterious. All explanations are just expressions
> of its mysterious nature, that allow us to look deeper into what it is, but
> never giving an explanation *for* it. It's beyond explanations, seeing
> itself through explanations.

Ben,

Would you say that e^*(2 * Pi * i) is exactly equal to 1, rather than
approximately equal to 1?

If you believe that it is, you are believing in the independent existence of
infinitely long numbers e and Pi, numbers which have never been fully
grasped by any human, and potentially never grasped by any conscious being
anywhere (due to their infinite nature).

Jason