From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-09, 14:21:30
Subject: Re: Racism ? How's that implied ?

On Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:41:37 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Hi Craig,

Why are we even considering the thoughts of paranoids? Are they in control of
our daily lives?

Hi Stephen,

I agree, I was responding to what Roger said about liberals:

 "ironically and  paradoxically they see the world in terms of race.
Conservatives attempt to live by facts. I never
saw racism in what what I wrote until you brought
the subject up."

which sounded to me like 'conservatives aren't racist, liberals are', which -
although conservative thought has some admirable virtues, I can say without
hesitation that tolerance for racial and gender diversity is not one of them.
That's why I brought up JBS and KKK, to show the absurdity of that claim, since
the most racist hate groups are known to be political right wing extremists and
not left wing extremists.

Personally I don't know of any left wing extremist groups in this country - not
that there aren't any but even self-proclaimed anarchists seem to stay out of
trouble. In other parts of the world, there are certainly left-wing violent
extremists but I don't guess that they are racially motivated in particular
(unless maybe the distribution of wealth and power falls along racial lines in
their area). What are the left wing presences in the US? Farmers markets? Small
organizations that try to help people get birth control or protect people from
being poisoned by industry?

To my mind, while I can understand why liberals would be criticized as whiny,
weak, and impractical, I think conservatives who do not understand why they are
criticized as racist, anti-intellectual bullies are in deep denial or just
sheltered from other viewpoints.

Craig