On 10/17/2012 8:57 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 16 Oct 2012, at 15:33, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 10/16/2012 9:20 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

Thanks. My mistake was to say that P's position is that
consciousness, arises at (or above ?)
the level of noncomputability.  He just seems to
say that intuiton does. But that just seems
to be a conjecture of his.

ugh, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:%20rclo...@verizon.net>
10/16/2012

Hi Roger,

IMHO, computability can only capture at most a "simulation" of the content of consciousness, but we can deduce a lot from that ...

So you do say "no" to the doctor? And you do follow Craig on the existence of p-zombie?

Bruno

Dear Bruno,

If the Doctor's replacement parts preserve the possibility of quantum entanglement then I would say, Yes to her. No, otherwise. I do not believe that p-zombies can exist.

--
Onward!

Stephen