From: Richard Ruquist
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-04, 08:31:56
Subject: Re: Is Sheldrake credible ? I personally think so.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Stephen P. King  wrote:
> On 1/4/2013 7:26 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
>
> On 1/4/2013 7:07 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>
> I wrote a review paper for the Quantum Mind 2003 Tuscan, AZ Conference
> a decade ago that upon rereading could have well been about morphic
> fields. The morphic field would be the non-local consciousness that I
> and others then claimed to be a property of a Dark Matter axion
> condensate that was a BEC composed of nearly motionless cosmic axions.
>
> In particular the Quantum Information Theory derived by Boris Iskatov
> for such a medium had solutions (described in the paper) that could
> well explain some of the empirical effects claimed for the morphic
> field.
>
> An open question in this paper is the coupling mechanism between
> physical consciousness in the brain and the non-local consciousness of
> the axion condensate. I now believe that the coupling is between a
> physical brain BEC and the axion BEC, except that I also now believe
> that the particles of compactified space of string theory, also a BEC,
> more actively manifest a non-local consciousness based on CTM.
>
> The paper also reviews empirical evidence for non-local consciousness
> presented at that conference that may of of interest:
> http://www.angelfire.com/ca/sanmateoissues/DarkMatt.html
> Richard
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I will take a look, but I confess to being a bit skeptical of any
> substantist theory... How can substances communicate with each other
> representationally?

Sorry but I do not understand what this last sentence means. BECs
certainly can copy each others configurations.

> More from the paper: "Briefly the model of consciousness is that
> Cooper-pair layers of positive and negative half-spin axions couple to the
> ?orporeal? physical brain on one (metaphorical) side, and to an
> ?ncorporeal? higher self or soul composed of half-spin axions on the other.
> The incorporeal layer is said by Jerome to be a living, sentient life-form.
> The actual coupling mechanism to the brain is also incorporeal, i.e. not
> chemical or electrical, consistent with Bohm theory below."
>
> How is this qualitatively different from Descartes postulation of the
> Pinial gland as the point where res extensa and res cognitas met and
> interact? The Stone duality idea works so much better that applies to any
> logical structure and its dual, particles or axion are just versions of
> Stone spaces in my thinking! (And there is no dependence on temperature for
> their isomorphism to hold!)
>
> --
> Onward!
>
> Stephen

I expect that a physical BEC pervades the entire brain if not the body
sorta along the lines of the Penrose-Hamerof microtuble model. I
previously mentioned to you that the Calabi-Tau compact manifolds
appear to have the properties of a Stone space. But I cannot remember
my reasoning. I also do not understand the relationship of the axions
to the compact manifolds. However, on another list a fellow made an
interesting case based on evolution that the volume of the pineal
gland contains our thinking.
Richard
Richard