On 1/5/2013 9:03 PM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
On 1/5/2013 2:54 PM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
yes, this does straight to the mind-body problem. I am proposing a
solution to it that is different from Bruno's (and can subsume Bruno's
idea), it is dual aspect monism. Minds and bodies are two distinct
aspects
of one and the same neutral oneness of all that exists. Vaughan Pratt
explains this in his paper:http://boole.stanford.edu/pub/ratmech.pdf

--
Onward!

Stephen

On reading Pratt it appears that he elevates mind/body duality to a TOE.
But I have not read in sufficient depth, assuming that is possible for
me, to know if that is true.
Richard

Hi Richard,

     Yes, he is advancing a particular vision, but I would not call this
piece a TOE, it is part of a TOE that he advocates.

--
Onward!

Stephen

It Pratt's mind/body duality mechanism
an alternative to mind/body coupling via BECs?

Dear Richard,

    yes, there is an isomorphsim between the two, no need for coupling. ;-)

--
Onward!

Stephen