On 1/5/2013 2:54 PM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
yes, this does straight to the mind-body problem. I am proposing a
>solution to it that is different from Bruno's (and can subsume Bruno's
>idea), it is dual aspect monism. Minds and bodies are two distinct aspects
>of one and the same neutral oneness of all that exists. Vaughan Pratt
>explains this in his paper:http://boole.stanford.edu/pub/ratmech.pdf
>
>--
>Onward!
>
>Stephen

On reading Pratt it appears that he elevates mind/body duality to a TOE.
But I have not read in sufficient depth, assuming that is possible for
me, to know if that is true.
Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes, he is advancing a particular vision, but I would not call this piece a TOE, it is part of a TOE that he advocates.

--
Onward!

Stephen