On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:46:03 AM UTC-5, yanniru wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:25:51 AM UTC-5, yanniru wrote:
> >>
> >> Craig,
> >>
> >> The monads themselves are sensitive,
> >

> > How? Why?
>
> They get information from every other monad in the universe.
> by direct 1/r mapping, a sorta direct perception,
> and some say reflection as well

They can get information without having perception or sensation. Why and
how would information be experienced?

> >> being able to map or reflect or
> >> perceive the rest of the universe instantly.
> >

> > That means that this capacity of reflection and perception is more
> primitive
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> > than the monads themselves.
>
> Yes, agreed.
> >

> >> Whether they care or not
> >> is beyond the scope of science.
> >

> > That's a cop out. The truth is the only scope of science.
>
> Well I was a little cavalier here.
> I really meant mathematical physics.
> Psychology is beyond the scope of my efforts.

The problem is that mathematical physics is only a small subset of physics,
which is actually experiential. Most people mistake human experience for
the only experience, so that psychology seems anthropological rather than
physical.

> >> Not seeing any difference is your
> >> problem. Richard
> >

> > Ok, but why should I want to fix this problem? Why does it matter which
> > shapes are fundamental? It's like arguing whether percussion, wind, or
> > stringed instruments are responsible for music.
>
> You are right. Trying to get a picture of reality is not likely to fix
> anything.
> But painting it is a hell of alota fun. Richard

I suppose it can be fun. It seems more like a distraction to me, but I
guess everyone has their favorite parts of the elephant.

Craig