On 27 Sep 2013, at 20:10, David Nyman wrote:

On 27 September 2013 17:00, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

The NDAA bill is equivalent with  "If you fear me, I will put you
indefinitely in jail".

I confess that I hadn't been giving this issue much attention.
However, I now read the following:

"Section 1021 of the NDAA bill of 2012 allowed for the "indefinite
detention of American citizens without due process at the discretion
of the President."

When David Frost challenged Richard Nixon on his illegal activities in
the 1970's, Nixon replied, in all seriousness apparently, "if the
President does it, it's not illegal". Well, 40-odd years later, it
looks like he was right.

My current speculation on this is that the departure from the US constitution started after JFK assassination. This introduced the prohibitionists into power, and the making of marijuana prohibition could have been used as Trojan Horse to get full power.

Prohibition is only a technic to sell a lot of drugs, without quality control, nor price control, + the ability to directly target all kids on all streets, making huge black markets, and leading to important corruption so that prohibition is continued, and the fear selling business can be pursued. Nixon, Reagan, but also Chirac and people in the UK, are known having ordered studies on marijuana, and put the result in the trash (as *all* independent studies have shown marijuana far less toxic and addictive than alcohol, etc.).

The society "A partnership for a drug free America" is financed by the industries of alcohol, tobacco, guns and scientology. Which says a lot.

It explains why the legal drugs are the dangerous one (oil, alcohol, tobacco, ...), and the illegal drugs are mostly innocuous (french cheese, cannabis, ...). Prohibition makes the state into a drug dealer, and transforms the planet into a big Chicago. Pollution and climate change comes from there too, as Henry Ford already asked why to use non sustainable oil, when hemp guarantied atmospheric equilibrium. The green should invest in antiprohibitionism.

After the NDAA 2012, the "war on terror" seems to me to be like the "war on drugs". Pure fear selling business. It is a quasi-confession. Obama could have said simply "we are the terrorist". Since them, I have few doubt that 9/11 is an inside job, and the evidences are rather big that this is the case, especially when you look at the NIST report, which is technically as convincing than the papers on the danger of cannabis.

Bruno

David