On 02-Dec-2013, at 11:45 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 02 Dec 2013, at 18:46, Samiya Illias wrote:
>
>> Below, I'm paraphrasing from memory a couple of passages:
>> On the subject of the persecution of the 'Bani Israel' Children of Israel by
>> Pharoah, such that the male children were being killed and females kept
>> alive, It reads that it was a great trial from God.
>> At another place, it reads that know that whatever happens to you, good or
>> bad, it is all inscribed  in a decree before we bring it into existence.
>> This is so that you do not despair of whatever passes you by, nor exult over
>> There is a lot going on all over the world that one would like to wish away,
>> but it helps to understand that all things / events / circumstances are
>> trials, temporary and transient. In this life, nothing is a reward or
>> punishment, rather everything is a trial, and an opportunity to do good
>> deeds through helping those in need. Reward and Punishment are concepts
>> associated with the Hereafter, and are of a permanent nature.
>
> I can make sense, but in the machine's theory, some truth there need to
> remain silent, as they will look like nonsense for some people. It is of the
> type "only going without saying".

Okay

>> No, he didn't say "Oops!", God exhorts us to reflect and ponder!
>
> Are you open to doubt your theory? Or some points in your theory?

There was a time when I doubted. I read and discussed with many theists of
other faiths and atheists. I also studied the Quran more objectively,
questioning the translations and my interpretations. I am still open to new
ideas and do accept what convinces me. However, I find that I am more convinced
now than before.

> If not it means you stay connected to the incommunicable part, and you take
> the risk of saying to much, and fuel disbelief, even and especially when not
> wrong.

If I do not honestly give my input, its not fair to others. Choices come with
consequences, and when seeking truth, one must take risks...  I hope my honesty
is of help to someone.

> And, btw, what is your position on computationalism, because this is an
> hypothesis shared by many here (if only for the sake of the argument).

I believe we are all in a giant software and everything, including us, are
computed. So, your deductions from your work do fascinate me.

> Would you accept that you or some friend get an artificial digital brain?

Like Ganesh? :)

> Have you think about this question? Have you an idea of the consequence for
> consciousness and physical realities, and for the possible theologies?

Or you're suggesting 'soulless' clones?

> I don't defend the idea that comp is true, but comp makes possible to use
> computer science and mathematics to formulate the questions, and put some
> light around.
>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Well, for the Mandelbrot sets zooms, I hope you can access a bigger computer
> with a larger screen.

Thanks. Just am very busy and mostly away from my laptop these days, yet this
is an interesting discussion, and I want to participate. I should go to my
phone's setting and remove this msg.

Samiya