On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Then you can't say that you will survive anything. We die at each instant

OK, but then you can't say that survival is important, or that the word
means much of anything at all.

> and comp is made trivial,

'Comp" is not trivial, "comp" is a gibberish word made up by you that is
almost as meaningless as "free will".

>>  you can only trace identity from the past to the present. A feeling of
>> self has nothing to do with predictions,
>

> > That's the point.

If that's the point then why do you keep emphasizing what the various
copies will predict about their future and how accurate those predictions
turn out to be?

> >> If tomorrow somebody remembers being Telmo Menezes today then Telmo
>> Menezes has a future, if not then Telmo Menezes has no future, and Quantum
>> Mechanics or a understanding of Everett's Many Worlds is not needed for any
>> of it. Period. However in a completely different unrelated matter, if you
>> want to assign a probability that tomorrow a observer that can be
>> interviewed by a third party will observe a electron move left or right
>> then Quantum Mechanics will be needed. And some (including me) feel that
>> Everett's interpretation is a convenient way to think about it, although
>> there are other ways.
>>

> > Not in comp

Perhaps not but I honestly don't give a damn about "comp".

  John K Clark