On 13 December 2013 14:04, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> The result was lack of frequency dispersion for gamma rays.  So it was
> assuming some interaction between photons and the discrete units of
> spacetime.  That seems pretty tight.
>
> Assuming the interpretation is correct, at least. Do you know the theory
of why that was supposed to happen, and how the quantisation was reduced so
far below the Planck length? If so I'd be interested in an explanation,
assuming I can understand it. (Presumably if correct this result also
screws up things like calculations of black hole entropy, which seem to
rely on the Planck length being a "unit" in some sense - at least according
to the "science for dummies" books I've read.)